So a lot of things have been going on over the last few weeks, hence the slow rate of posts. I've been playing a lot of X-wing, there was the regional championship tournament for New England (I came in 46th) as well as at least 5 other tournaments I've attended in the last month, so that took up most of my hobby time. I also spent some time painting my Chaos Renegades, batch painting 200+ infantry is a chore but its progressing.
Work has picked up nicely of late as well, which helps relieve financial stresses, and I have my annual training exercise starting tomorrow for the Army National Guard that I've had to prepare for. On top of all of that yesterday I received my acceptance letter for Grad School, which is extremely exciting. I actually had a hard time sleeping last night as my mind was alight, so I decided to finish assembling the Castellax Battle-Automata kits I picked up a few months ago.
Here are the 5 normal Castellax I've built. There are a lot of minor touch ups to fix casting errors and to mark them out as Dark Mechanicum engines, but they are pretty much done otherwise. This is a very interesting kit to work with, and very challenging as well to pose well. You can do great dynamic poses, but it takes a lot of work to do.