Here is an update Panorama of Arch Myrmidax Drevinius Prelt as he is being painted. On the whole I'm pleased with how he is progressing, let it be knownn that I consider myself to be a decent (read: mediocre) painter at best. Unlike converting, which comes quickly and naturally to me, painting is much more of a technical process. Its a chore really, but one which must be done. On the plus side once it is done the finished product is awesome and really has a soul of its own.
Enough bloviating, onto the model. I've used the same sort of bronze and steel metallic pallet I've seen used heavily in other's mechanicus armies on the interwebs, its simple to do and looks good. For the robes I decided on a rusted metal color, so instead of a bright red I used a dark brown base layered up to slighly orangish red. This will be powdered with weathering powders to really achieve the right color blend, or at least that is the plan. The flesh was done using a tutorial on how to paint the muscular portions of a hellbrute, he is so pink as I haven't added the final "skin tone" layer yet. I'll use that layer to cover up the few mistakes that I've made with the metallic paints.