Scrolling text Gif

Scrolling text Gif

Thursday, July 7, 2016

++++ INLOADING DATAFILE 097 ++++ Word Bearer's Painting WIP 1.0

The first 10 models are primed and the base layer of Mephiston Red is on for all of them.  Here's the one marine I've finished painting the red on, the second layer is Evil Suns Scarlet and the edging is Fire Dragon Orange.

Sorry some of the pictures are blurry, I was having a really hard time getting my camera to focus correctly for some reason.



The new paint scheme GW created for these guys in the Betrayal at Calth box looks really amazing.  I'm debating making the elbows black, metallic, or making them the same color as the rest of the armor.  GW's scheme has them red like the rest of the armor, but I"m not sure if I like that as it doesn't provide much variation in the color scheme.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to tackle this?






As they were missing in the last post here are some picts of the Dark Apostle and Chaos Lord as they're being painted.  Its so much easier to see all the detail work now, makes it feel that the work was worth the effort. 


Oddly while I've been painting these guys I keep noticing small bits and pieces that I missed when I converted them.  On the dark apostle for instance his lower legs are missing their banding, his abdomen is missing exposed pipes, and the top right corner of his cloak isn't blending in with the rest of the model.  The abdomen part isn't a big deal, not all patterns of power armor had exposed cabling, but the other details need to get fixed.

Another nuisance for this guy is that his backpack had broken and I don't like how the replacement exhaust came out (its the far one in the photo).  I'll redo it so it has more detail and matches the stock one, otherwise it irks me.  Also his combiplasma from before broke off and disappeared in the 6 months these guys were in storage, so I used the still awesome looking stock BaC one.


I'm really curious to see how this guy's chestplate turns out once I add the highlighting.

Not sure if I should paint part of the powerfist black or not.  I think the fingers would look cool black, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment