Here you can see the first blade wing's visible base layer being put down. What I mean by visible base layer is that it is the deepest layer of plasticard which will actually be visible on the model. This allows me to cover up errors and gaps on the earlier layers and refine the final shape.
A close up of the cockpit, the majority of the detailing is done there.
The second blade wing's visible base layer is now done. I made a mistake on this one originally and punched the rivers out on the wrong side, thankfully it wasn't hard to fix. It also turned out that this blade wing was about 1/3" shorter than the first one so I had to build it out with a few extra pieces of scrap plastic card. Now you really can't tell that there was a difference Trina at all.
I really need to set up an actual photo booth for my models, the lighting in my apartment as it is just too unreliable I'm finding and a lot of the detail is getting washed out whenever I take these pictures.
Slightly updated detail work on the cockpit.
Here you can see all the rivets on the two blade wings. These are actually easier to do than I was expecting so doing the deed to same detail on the bottom side shouldn't be that time consuming. There will still be additional doodads an extra bits of detail work you'll see on top of the visible base layer but that's for next week.
As you can see I took the time to cut out the appropriate slots in the bottom of the model such that it's actually able to go on a normal GW flight stand. So it's cable usable at the moment as it is. As always let me know what you think of my work.