Scrolling text Gif

Scrolling text Gif

Sunday, November 23, 2014

++++INLOADING DATAFILE 057++++ Truescale Chaos Space Marine WIP 2.6

Brother Herat'Sul is now fully painted! Edit: I noticed during this post that I neglected to paint the teeth and horns on the power plant. I recognize my failing and will strive to correct it. I have never claimed to be a talented painter, quite the opposite in fact. That said he came out quite satisfactorily.




You may notice that the shade of red I used is lighter than is traditionally used for Word Bearers. I have never liked the 'Mud Marines' shade of red I've often seen, and so I chose to use the colors of the Gal Vorbak on the cover art of The First Heretic.






















Anyways I learned a lot doing this model and I have refined the paint scheme. Now I need to figure out basing him.

It feels really good to finally have one guy fully painted. Next on the painting block are about 60 heretics. My FLGS is sponsoring a 40k league for which everyone needs to have 550 points painted by January for the official start of the league. At 3 points a model that is a LOT of heretics to paint!

As always let me know what you think of my work, and if you have any tips on how I can improve my painting please offer tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment