Scrolling text Gif

Scrolling text Gif

Sunday, February 22, 2015

++++INLOADING DATAFILE 072++++ Mechanicum Archmagos Myrmidax

++++MAGGOTS WILL FEAST UPON THE DATA OF TE:/CRITERROR++++
TECHXORCISM COMPLETE........
SCRAPCODE ISOLATED PENDING ERASURE........
++++ALL PRAISE THE OMNISSIAH, BY THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE IS THE DARKNESS BANISHED++++
SCAN:/INFVECTOR.........
++++SIGNAL SOURCE LOCATED++++
MATCHING TO ARCHIVES........
++++THE QUEST FOR TRUTH IS ETERNAL, SUCH IS THE WILL OF THE OMNISSIAH++++
MATCHING COMPLETE 93.54% ACCURACY........
WARNING TARGET RATED TECHNOMATIC DIABOLUS.........
++++EXECUTE FULL FORGE ALERT++++

Every army needs a general, and it has always been of my opinion that generals in 40k should be epic as f#&$!  The model uses components of several different previous conversions, one was a Myrmidon Secutor test model and another was an Imperial Battlesuit from several years ago.  I give you Arch Myrmidax Drevinius Prelt.

Rules wise I intend to field him as a Archmagos Prime: Myrmidon.  He is going to have a Master-crafted Chainfist (That ax is WAY to big not to double your strength and give Armorbane!) and Powerfist for three STR 8 AP 2 Armorbane Unwieldy attacks.  Add to that a Machinator Array boosting him to T 6, two bonus str 5 AP 2 shred, armorbane, unwieldy melee attacks, a flamer and a inferno pistol, and a 3+ Battlesmith roll!  As a Myrmidax he gets to choice (and fire) two additional weapons, of the various options my favorite is the Phase Plasma Fusil as its Range 18" STR 6 AP 3 Salvo 2/3.  On top of this he will count as being mounted on an abeyant, mostly for the +1 wound and It Will Not Die, plus he is definately Very Bulky.  This makes him a mere 240 points, but he will be quite the monster, excepting his lack of any invulnerable save.  There are more options but I'll figure those out once he is further along.



The chest is from a talos pain engine, I had the parts left over from the Revenant Titan.  The mechanical shoulders and back are from an old Terminator toy I got for a dollar a few years ago.  The legs are from the tech priest model of the long defunct Inquisitor model range from GW, and the ax is based on the thunderhammer from the Nemisis Dreadknight kit.

The head was taken from the Hellbrute kit and trimmed down a lot.  It looks awesome for an evil magos, there will be some more bionics added to it.  The forearms are from parts of an IG Sentenel kit and a Chaos Terminator Lord lightning claw.
The upper arms were sculpted on top of arms from the old Rat Ogre kit.  I've always loathed that kit, it is a really horrible sculpt.  but sculpting over something bulky like that saves on puddy and is faster than doing a wireframe, hence why I used it.  The right forearm still needs a few more muscles to be added, and the bicep needs a bit of touching up, but otherwise I couldn't be happier with it.  There will be a few tubes going into the muscle later, but I need to add the tanks for them to plug into still.  The left hand is a reused part from an old conversion, and needs a lot of touchups.  My skills from 5 years ago were not that great looking back.
More work needs to be done to blend the muscular back with the machine back.  The three ports on the sides will be the sockets for three sets of bionic arms representing his Machinator Array.  I've never built servo arms from scratch so that is an exciting challenge.  The join with the legs and torso I've decided to put off until the model is nearly finished as I haven't fully decided how to accomplish it yet, and I'm open to suggestions.
More tubes need to be added to the waist and legs.

The musculature of the right arm is finished and came out better than I hoped.  Seriously sculpting muscles is hard and this is the best I've ever done with it.  Woot!
The ax needs a lot of work.  Again that is an issue for later.  I also need to work out the upper set of fully bionic arms holding his dual phased plasma fusils.
More to come on him soon.  Also I should be done with this state active duty mission tonight, finally my life has a chance to get back to normal!
As always let me know what you think of this guy and if you have any suggestions for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment